isa's world


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

doing a bad bad thing...


So it's almost midnight and I'm still awake. Dax went to sleep at 8:30 tonight, which means he'll be up early, but I just can't sleep. I'm excited about projects I'm working on. I'm up to my ears in endless possibilities and I'm just so happy! I have all these super cute fabrics and ideas and ugh, I just want to make stuff for everyone!! Let's see, first, I'm making Dax a DJ Lance costume. Yes, I know I can just buy one at the store, but where's the fun in that? I always dreamed of being the kind of mom that made costumes for her kids, awesomer than anybody else's! For instance, I know it's gonna be cold as ish, so instead of that lousy thin fabric those store bought ones come in, my lil DJ Lance will be warm in super soft orange fleece. See? (Ok,I just want to say that I know that there are a lot of women out there that don't have the time to make costumes at home,or simply don't get any joy out of things like that and that's fine! I'm only saying that it floats my boat, mmmkay?)Anyway, after that, I'm working on some personalized baby gifts for my niece's son. Rock and Roll Christmas themed shirts for Dax are on deck, followed by possibly a dress for my other niece in california. I'm also making these really cute curtains for the kitchen windows in this awesome vintage looking christmas fabric. I love it when I have things to be excited about and when I have all the means to execute them. These little bursts of creativity come in waves, so I'm riding this one till it crashes on the shore!
I love my sewing machine, (no not the one pictured here, although this would be awesome too) because it has allowed me to be creative in new ways. I always thought that my only outlets were music or writing, but boom, here's this too. I HAVE ALWAYS wanted to make my own stuff because they never make the things I want to wear, well, not until at least two years later. Anyway, I mostly love my machine cuz it was a gift from my mother in law. She is a remarkable woman and well, I wouldn't be this happy right at this moment if it wasn't for her!
OK, goodnite now.<3

No comments:

Post a Comment