isa's world


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Beautiful Winter

Hey everyone,
Oh goodness! It has been sooooo long since my last post! Well, I had my daughter, my gorgeous little Winter Grace. The surgery went sooo well. Healing has been a sinch, even losing the baby weight is going so much better than after my last pregnancy. We ran into some problems at the hospital, but thankfully now that's just a hazy blur. The baby was born very jaundiced and it got to the point where she was put in the NICU (thats baby intensive care unit for those who arent familiar with the term) to be treated. It was heartbreaking for us and I was an emotional mess. I missed Dax...ugh, it was pretty terrible. Long story short, I was dilligent about breastfeeding her.. EVERY two hours..yes even at night. Sleep could wait! You see, the more she ate and pooped, the faster she would pass all that bilirubin that was in her blood. It worked and they finally sent us home. <3
Anyway life is crazy and exciting. I have my little pair of kiddos. WOW! It still trips me out! I really wish the weather wasn't so crazy cold so I could take Dax out to play. We're getting a little cabin fever from being here with each other all day. We keep plenty busy though. I seriously feel so blessed. Even with all the hospital bills that seem to be coming everyday, I can't help but stay positive and appreciative. Life is amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of hearing her name! It's just so precious.....LOVE IT! I've already said congrats to you but congratulations again! This is going to be such a different chapter in your life, having 2 kids (yes, I'm one of those that think 1 is a pc of cake, lol) but I know you will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks J!!
    I think back at how easy I had it with one and how I used to complain..what was I thinking?? LOL

    ReplyDelete